ADDer World  ADD ADHD Online Network Community

ADD & ADHD Online Social Network Community

This is it. I think I'm having it again. That miserable feeling has been striking for almost a month now. It's not increasing, but I don't feel better either. The worst part of it is that I can't easily talk to anyone. Even though there are few people who know that I'm 'casually' depressed, but I don't feel confident talking to them about this. I am afraid they would get tired of me. I wish I could have a counselling, but it is not impossible for the time being due to financial factor.

Please wish me luck. I'm trying to stay alive.

Riri

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Riri,

I am thinking of you. You’re not alone. You wrote a while ago about coming down after finishing a big project. How about starting something new, something just as challenging and as interesting? Doesn't have to be for a prize or for pay, just for you, with no deadline and no agenda. That's what I am thinking of doing. Every time I finish a big project I usually get lost for a few months and each time is not any more enjoyable, so I just try to come up with something interesting with no specific goal.

Let me know if you think of something :-))

Bryan
I have had similar experiences. In my opinion, and ADHD experience and knowledge of life in general first is that you need to change your mental attitude. If the counceling in which you realize you need to speak and get things off your ches is related to unfortunated finances find local ADHD counceling or keep communicating with others. Also maybe see your physician for Depression medicine and or ADHD med. Think positive no ANTS and keep those shades open to let light in your window(s) where you live this may help reduce your depression. I'm aware these are basic and minor suggestions;advice, yet all these positive things and add up, improve your moods and add up with your positive will power for less misserable feelings which equals less depression. Just do it! You can do it!!

Hope this helps
Ralph Hoffmann.

PS Check out advice from the well known Dr. Amen and the Amen Clincs, his web sites and so on. He is also on "Facebook" too.
HI Riri, I am so sorry you are miserable. There are lots of things you can do to help yourself feel better, but the irony is that when you are depressed you don't want to do any of them, so I won't go into any of that. All I want to do is reassure you that "this, too, shall pass". It is a cycle that will go back up as surely as you have come down. Just keep enduring until that happens, because life is beautiful even when it is terrible. You are in my thoughts as you struggle, because I have the same kind of cycles and I know how hard they can be. Please stay alive.
Dear all,

Thank you so much for your support. It's good to know that there are people out there who are with me and that I'm not alone. I had been wanting to response, but nothing came out from my mind. By sending this message, I hope it's a good sign that I'm recovering, though slowly.

Tere, you got the point. Yes, during this time it is very hard for me to try to do anything. You are right, I need to tell myself that this one, too, will pass. A friend was telling me the same thing a long time ago, but I forgot :).

Ralph, don't worry about giving only basic advice. In fact, it is the basics that are important but seemingly easier to forget. Unfortunately, there are no ADD support group in my country. ADD is relatively unknown. Even if there is a website, it is targetted specifically for children and is not well maintained. So far this website is my only support group where I can give and receive good support.

Bryan, actually, I have a long list of things I want to do which has no target, agenda, and not for pay or price. Among others are: going back to my piano, etudier le francais tous les jours, start my long distance writing course which I haven't started since I enrolled five years ago, post some blogs at this site. And guess what, I haven't done any of them. LOL. I thought after I quit working I would be able to do all of them, but it's still difficult to start. Maybe my brain still prefers to lie dormant. BTW, I did notice that you didn't send us any post for quite sometimes. I suggest that we proscrastinate together :))). Or, do you have a request of what you want me to do first? Hey, this can be a fun game.

Riri

RSS

Now on Kindle!

7 Crucial Tips for Parents and Teachers of Children with ADHD "Uncommonly helpful, down-to-earth, immensely practical and readable Book." - David A. Crenshaw, Ph.D., ABPP. Director of Rhinebeck Child and Family Center, LLC

Books

“'One Boy's Struggle' is a real eye-opener! Bryan writes of hope and despair, and the all-too-common conflict between desperately wanting to achieve and please, yet suspecting that you’ll fail again… and soon.”
-Dr. Edward Hallowell

Book about Doubt

(Click Picture)

This is my latest book, which reveals how I overcome doubt and write anyway. Although, not about ADHD, it does talk about how I write day to day and maintain daily writing rituals and accomplish my writing goals. Also contains the story of how I wrote one of the most important ADHD memoirs "One Boy's Struggle" and much more. If you struggle with doubt, give this book a read.

Caution

Please remember that when discussing medication and / or supplements each member is responsible for his or her comments. Each person's experiences may be different and no one should make any changes or try anything new with regard to medication or supplements without talking to his or her doctor first.

Badge

Loading…

Founder

Bryan Hutchinson

Bryan's Page

Blog

© 2014   Created by Bryan Hutchinson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service