ADDer World  ADD ADHD Online Network Community

ADD & ADHD Online Social Network Community

Currently, there has been a dramatic situation that has occurred in my family. I write to you with a heavy heart to share the news and to ask for continued prayer about this situation.

My husband was informed this week that on 10/7/09, it will be his LAST day at work. The commercial construction company that my husband has been working for is not getting enough business and it is slowing down. His boss informed him that the company is permanently laying him off.

Due to the job loss, my husband is losing his medical insurance very soon. In the meanwhile, we do not have the money to pay for medical coverage. There is no savings and no extra money. We have literally no idea how we will be able to remain in our home and afford the expenses.

Two of my kids are on multiple medications and I have been on multiple medications. I am very concerned about losing our medical coverage and having to go "cold turkey" off of my fibromyalgia medication. The last time I attempted to discontinue the fibro meds, I literally ended up in the WORST PHYSICAL PAIN. The muscular pain was so intense that it took 3 weeks to reduce the severity of it.

I know that God is in control and that this job loss is no surprise to our Heavenly Father. Yet, I am completely overwhelmed in the reality of being in such a stressful situation.

Please pray for my husband to receive unemployment and to successfully obtain a full-time position as a Journeyman Carpenter. Pray that if it is God's will for me to work to open up the right door at the right time. Pray that the Lord will provide for every single one of our needs in this family.

Thank you, friends, for your earnest prayer. We need a miracle and we are waiting on God to move those mountains on our behalf!

Bless You,
Dana

Tags: Lay, Off, Prayer, request

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Dana, I'm so sorry this has happened to you and your family. You've been such an uplifting presence in our lives, so please know we will keep you in our prayers and in a spiritual embrace! Breathe, my friend - that's the first step.

Fondly,

Jer
Hi Dana!
I'm an independent agent of an American company called Primerica Financial Services. Have you heard of it?
It's a Citi company. I really think if you can contact a local Primerica, they'll be able to help you out.
Whether your husband and/or you end up working as an independent agent, like me, to supplement or replace income, or have one of their agent to introduce the service they have, it'll be beneficial.
One of the service Primerica in the US have is medical care. I don't know much about it, because I'm in Canada, government takes care of our health care, so we don't have this service in the Primerica here. But I do know Primerica in the US has it.
The best is for you to contact one of their Primerica agent, then s/he can assist you further.
We don't charge fees for consultation, it's completely free, so you don't have to worry about them charging you just for asking. If you do end up using one of Primerica's services, it's very affordable. Primerica is targeting the middle class, not wealthy class.
May be you know someone who knows a Primerica agent, if not you can go to http://www.primerica.com/ to search for an office near you.
Hope this will help.
I'm praying for you.
Remember, This Too Shall Pass.
Love and blessings,
Sharon
Oh Dana I am so sorry!!!!! I will pray for you and your family. Remember God is a gracious God, and he will not close one door without opening another. I will pray that you will not have to go off your medications as they are very important for your well being.

Nanette
Thank you so much, inwardsea, Sharon & Nanette for your encouraging thoughts, prayers and helpful suggestions!
Dana, these are the times when it's essential to step back, take a deep breath, and focus on God instead of on the problem. God promises to take care of you and your family. You can choose to trust ot choose to be paralyzed by fear. When you choose faith over fear, trusting that God can make a way where there seems to be no way, you can persevere through life's ups and downs.

The Bible promises that God is in control and that all things work together for good, even in tradgedies that seem senseless and terrible. Keep in mind that God is your provider, just know that God guides you one step at a time. His angels are watching over you and your family, day and all night.

Believe that God's timing is perfect; that He is never too early or too late, always on time everytime. I can relate to what you are feeling right now. This past June a year ago, I lost my job because the monies in the school system were cut back. God has made it possible for me to graduate this past June from college. My husband is working and here I was having anxiety attacks, trying to take med's for my ADD and can't because of my increasing heartrate. I was thinking how am I going to make it without help from the medicine? God is telling me to trust in HIM and not the medicine. I still have anxiety attacks about life at times. I am on medication for that. I wish I could take medication for the ADD but I am learning ways to cope with it in life.

Another miracle God performed in my life. My husband and I got our house paid off and still owed about 8 or 9 years on it. God already has everything worked out for you and everyone else that is going through this.

Matthew 17:7 Jesus said to His disciples, "Stand up. Don't be afraid."

You have encouraged me and so many others through hard times now it's our turn to encourage you. Keep your head high and your faith strong, with god you can never go wrong. My prayers are with you and our family.
Aw Dana I am so sorry for your husband getting layed off , I am praying that he will get unemployement soon and will hopefully find another job , you & your family are in my thoughts and prayers , god bless you !!!

(((( hugs)))) Melissa
Brenda and Melissa,
I deeply appreciate your encouragement, support and prayers during this challenging time. It is WONDERFUL friends, like all of you on ADDer World, that help brighten up my day and bring a smile to my face!

Brenda, you wrote many inspirational truths to help me keep my eyes on God, instead of focusing on the problems. Also, you wrote something that is very important saying, "You can choose to trust or choose to be paralyzed by fear."

You are absolutely right and I know that I must actively choose to trust God now because this is NOT the first time that my family has encountered tough times. God has ALWAYS been here for us in the past to guide us through many storms and He will continue to walk right along with us during this difficult time.

When I think back on all the awesome miracles that God has brought into my life, I am confident that the God who did amazing things in the past is the SAME God who will continue showering me & my family with beautiful blessings!
Dana, You are so right! traveling back in time where we were, and looking at the present time of where we are tells us enough of what God is capable of doing in our lives. You are a strong woman in every aspect of life. You have encouraged so many in your lifetime, especially on this website.

I want to say, "thank you" for the times you have encouraged me and prayed for me in difficult times. You have poured out your heart to God about this situation, now start thankng HIM for the results in HIS time and not yours.

Remember, Faith is the substance things hoped for and the evidence of things NOT SEEN. We do not look with the human eye to believe, we search for the supernatural things with the heart to receive. Keep your head up high and your thoughts down low. Keep God first, whereever you go. I am already thanking God for the miracle in your life. Keep in touch and have a blessed day.
Dear Dana,
Although I'm new to this website, I want you to know that I'm praying for you and your family, You have such a remarkable "presence" about yourself that shines through online (it must be God's love) that I'm certain that God has great plans for you and your family. However, I can certainly understand why you are feeling overwhelmed as I'm sure I'd be feeling overwhelmed as well if I was in your shoes, too. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! God Bless You!

Sincererely,

Penni
Hi Penni!
Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words! I am trying my best to keep my head up and to rely on God to provide for all of my families needs.

In the meanwhile, our difficulties continue to grow. Yesterday, we discovered that my husband's ex-employer terminated our medical coverage last week WITHOUT informing us. We did not anticipate this early termination or else we would have attempted to seek alternative medication assistance much sooner!

The COBRA cost is still too expensive and we can not afford it. The department of welfare said that medical assistance in Pittsburgh is not available right now, due to the large amount of families who are out of work and in need of medical coverage and help. My husband was told that there is a "waiting list" for families who need medical assistance.

However, I have applied online for assistance in medication with a pharmaceutical company and I have to wait to see whatever happens with this option. Continue praying for us because we are in need of God's provision!

RSS

Now on Kindle!

7 Crucial Tips for Parents and Teachers of Children with ADHD "Uncommonly helpful, down-to-earth, immensely practical and readable Book." - David A. Crenshaw, Ph.D., ABPP. Director of Rhinebeck Child and Family Center, LLC

Happy Every Day - Simple, Effective Ways to Better Days 

Doubt Book

“If you’ve ever stalled or wanted to give up on your dream, this book is for you. 

Books

“'One Boy's Struggle' is a real eye-opener! Bryan writes of hope and despair, and the all-too-common conflict between desperately wanting to achieve and please, yet suspecting that you’ll fail again… and soon.”
-Dr. Edward Hallowell

Badge

Loading…

Founder

Bryan Hutchinson

Bryan's Page

Blog

© 2014   Created by Bryan Hutchinson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service